Chemist, GMP Manufacturing
CSBio is a fast-paced growing peptide CMO founded in 1993. Our initial products were a complete line of automated synthesizers for manufacturing and process development, with a focus on cGMP production. In 1994, we opened our custom peptide facility and began producing high quality compounds for research organizations and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. In 2004, we opened our peptide production facility in Menlo Park, CA and in 2014, we expanded our production capability through the addition of a new, state of the art building dedicated to cGMP peptide production. In 2017, we passed a FDA inspection and were recommended to be approved for commercial drug substance manufacturing.
We are seeking qualified individuals to join us as GMP Manufacturing Chemists at our Menlo Park facility. This position will be responsible for the synthesis and cleavage of peptides or the purification and lyophilization of peptides in our GMP manufacturing areas. Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Execute batch production records or protocols for synthesis and cleavage processes with minimal supervision in a timely and efficient manner
- Analyze organic and inorganic compounds to determine chemical and physical properties
- Conduct research on manufactured products to develop and improve product quality
- Perform data analysis and review of data for accuracy and completeness
- Identify the fully protected 20 amino acids batch by batch in terms of solubility and appearance
- Operate laboratory equipment and instruments including: HPLCs, centrifuges, freeze dryers, stir plates, lab balance, mass spectrometers, sonicators, vacuum ovens, N2 tanks, etc.
- Record purification and other experiments on standardized forms
- Check analytical HPLC and mass of dissolved crude peptides properly
- Identify target peptide peak by integration and mass spectrometry
- Read work orders thoroughly and have a good understanding of instruction and specification of final products.
- Prepare and label chemical solutions according to standard formulas.
- Maintain a clean working environment and contribute to overall lab cleanliness.
- BA/BS in chemistry, biochemistry, or related discipline, with at least 1 year relevant working experience
- Able to work on Saturdays and/or Sundays
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Position title will depend on years of relevant working experience
- Chemist I: 1-2 years
- Chemist II: 2-3 years
- Chemist III: 3+ years
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Basic life and supplemental life insurance
- 401k with matching up to 5%
- Flexible PTO policy
- Carpool, clean air vehicle, and cell phone reimbursement
- Free shuttle program (trans-bay)
- Employee rewards and recognition program
- Free access to fitness center
- Social events and catered lunch on Sat/Sun